Generic Terms and Conditions
By entering the Promotion, entrants will be deemed to be bound by and have accepted these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials.
Promoter: Viker Limited, company number 06290437 with registered office Viker, 200 Union Street, London, SE1 0LX.
1. This promotion (the “Promotion”) will run for the duration set out in the competition post on Instagram and Facebook (the “Competition Post”).
2. The Promotion is open to those individuals specified in the Competition Post. Please carefully check the Competition Post to ensure that you meet the criteria in relation to territory and age limits. You must be 17 years or older to enter. If we discover that you have entered and are younger than 17 your entry will be invalid. Any winners picked at random who are under the age of 17 will not be eligible to claim a prize and another winner will be picked at random in accordance with paragraph 14. The Promotion is not open to employees of the Promoter, their immediate families, agents or anyone else professionally connected with the Promotion.
3. Only one entry per person will be accepted. Multiple or third party entries are not permitted.
4. Anyone trying to circumvent this rule by using alternative details including but not limited to creating multiple Facebook or Instagram accounts will be disqualified from this Promotion. Entries (bulk or otherwise) made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’ or any other automated means, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be forfeited.
5. No purchase necessary. Internet access required and entrants must have an active Facebook or Instagram account. If you do not have a Facebook or Instagram account you will need to create one in order to participate – you will require an active email address in order to do this. See https://www.facebook.com/help/ or https://help.instagram.com/155940534568753 for more details.
6. Your use of Facebook and/or Instagram is subject to their terms and conditions located here https://www.facebook.com/terms and https://help.instagram.com/581066165581870.
7. Entrants must follow the instructions specified in the Competition Post to enter.
8. Posts outside the times and dates set out in the Competition Post will be excluded.
9. Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise. Proof of posting or transmission will not be deemed proof of receipt of entry.
10. A winning entry will be selected following the closing date via a prize selection website which randomly selects a winner from all entries submitted. All entries must be an independent creation by the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third party rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other competitions. All Promotion entries and any accompanying material submitted will become our property on receipt and you hereby: (a) assign to us all your intellectual property rights with full title guarantee and (b) waive all moral rights, in and to your Promotion entry to which you may now or at any time be entitled under the CDPA 1988 and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
11. The Promoter monitors responses to this Promotion and if any responses or any previous posts made by an entrant are, or could be regarded as being disrespectful towards other members of the Facebook or Instagram community or contain anything which is likely to, or could cause offence or distress, such entries will not be accepted and will be asked to be removed.
12. Participants’ entries will be deemed invalid if any post –
a) contains defamatory, malicious, indecent or other inappropriate content;
b) includes the names of any individual without their express permission;
c) in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, may cause any widespread or serious offense (taking into account prevailing community views or standards);
d) is offensive, inappropriate or lewd.
Winner Selection and Notification
13. After the closure of the Promotion, and no later than 5 working days following closure, the winner will be selected randomly in accordance with paragraph 10 above and notified by the Promoter tagging the winner on the Competition Post.
14. All reasonable effort will be made to contact each winner, however if a prize claim response has not occurred by 17:00 hours, 10 working days after the winning announcement then an alternative winner will be selected in the same manner as the original winner. In this instance the original winner will forfeit their prize.
15. There is one prize to be won by one winner. The prize is as stated in the Competition Post.
16. Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash and no alternative prize is available, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute an alternative prize of equal or higher value.
17. Where a prize requires delivery it will be delivered to the winner’s address (as notified to the Promoter by the winner) by courier.
18. The Promoter will not be liable if the prize cannot be taken by a winner for any reason beyond the control of the Promoter including if a winner fails to leave appropriate delivery instructions.
19. Owing to exceptional circumstances outside its reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions at any stage but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to entrants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
20. The decisions of the Promoter are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. This Promotion and the products of the Promoter are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram and neither Facebook or Instagram shall be liable in any way whatsoever to the participants. Furthermore, any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion must be directed to the Promoter, not Facebook or Instagram.
22. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for any technical issues, system or software failures encountered. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for interruptions of service. The Promoter reserves the right to suspend temporarily the operation of its Facebook or Instagram page or handle displaying the Competition Post without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for any other reason beyond its control. The Promoter does not warrant that its Facebook or Instagram page or handle displaying the Competition Post or their contents are free from viruses or anything else that has contaminating or destructive properties. Internet software or transmission problems may produce inaccurate or incomplete copies of information and materials that may be downloaded and displayed onto your computer. The Promoter will not be liable for any errors, changes, or omissions that occur during transmission of information and materials.
23. The Promoter’s Facebook or Instagram page or handle displaying the Competition Post may contain links to websites owned or operated by parties other than the Promoter. The Promoter does not control and is not responsible for the content, privacy policies or the security of such sites.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries and the winner(s) and to refuse to award the prize or withdraw the prize where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions or any instructions forming part of the Promotion or otherwise where a participant has gained an unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion or won using fraudulent means.
25. If you are a winner, we ask you for your consent to publicise your details as we wish to announce you as a winner of the Promotion. We will tag you as a winner too on the Competition Post but this will tag your Instagram handle or Facebook name only (as applicable). Subject to obtaining such consent, your surname and in any event your major county will be available for one month after the close of this Promotion for anyone who requests the name of the winners by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope and covering letter stating the name and date of the Promotion to Viker Limited, company number 06290437 with registered office Puzzle London, 200 Union Street, London, SE1 0LX.
26. Other than for death or personal injury arising from the negligence of the Promoter, so far as permitted by the law, the Promoter hereby excludes all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the Promotion or any receipt, use or misuse of the prize.
27. For the purposes of this Promotion, we will be processing all personal data on your Facebook page or Instagram handle (depending on which medium you choose to enter the Promotion via), the contents of which will be determined by you but are likely to include your name, e-mail address and other information about you. Facebook, Inc. has no involvement in the collection of such data. We will not, however, use any personal data unless you are selected as a winner of the Promotion, in which case we will identify you as a winner in accordance with paragraph 13 above (using your social media handle/name to tag you as a winner) and ask you to direct message us any further details required in order to claim your prize. All personal data that we collect and process is stored, handled and process in accordance with applicable data protection and electronic marketing legislation, including but not limited to the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 (as amended). Further details on our data handling practices can be found in our privacy and cookies policy https://viker.co.uk/privacy-policy/.
28. These Terms and Conditions and any issues or disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions (whether such disputes or issues are contractual or non-contractual in nature, such as claims in tort, for breach of statute or regulation or otherwise) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. Entrants hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English & Welsh courts to settle any such dispute or issues.
29. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect