Viker is dedicated to building the world’s biggest community of blockchain-based gaming using globally recognised IP & our own beautifully crafted games.
Our founders & team have decades of experience having worked at some pretty big, intimidating, global superpowers of the gaming and entertainment industry. Together, they have established a crack team to be fast-moving, imaginative and efficient.
Viker’s connected and engaged company culture is made of the same ingredients that go into Viker games – with a focus on skill, creativity, satisfaction, progression and, most importantly: fun.
We are looking for a Mid-level Unity Developer to join a well-oiled studio with dozens of shipped titles under its belt. You will be working on new and existing games.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years experience shipping games on iOS and Android, have a strong desire to learn and grow, contribute in team discussions and exercises, and be a clear communicator.
The team is currently fully remote with meetups in London.
- Delivering features, tools, and fixing bugs on new and existing projects
- Connecting the games to 3rd-party and internal tools
- Working with QA and product departments to get projects shipped on time and to spec
- Collaborating with team-mates on shared functionality and internal libraries
- Suggesting improvements to existing codebases
- Keeping a high standard of readable and maintainable code
- 2+ years shipping iOS and Android games with Unity
- Fluent in C#
- Strong understanding of Unity’s UI system
- Experience with client-server communication
- Ability to work independently and know when to reach out for help
- Experience in debugging in IDE’s, editor, and devices
- Experience using source control
- Excellent communication skills (we’re fully remote)
- Working knowledge of the best optimisation practices, especially for mobile
- Understanding of key game concepts e.g. input, ui, update loops, vector math, events
- Interest in the free-to-play mobile market
- Experience with monetising mobile games via ad networks, IAP’s & affiliate
- Experience creating custom editors in Unity
- Live ops experience
- Interest / practical experience in crypto trading / applications for games
- AWS Services (DynamoDB, S3, Lambda, Athena, CloudWatch)
- React / Angular
What you can expect from Viker
We are a young and ambitious studio with huge plans, but we’re focused on making Viker a friendly, collaborative and welcoming place to work.
We believe that we offer genuine autonomy and career progression alongside benefits including;
- Remote working
- Competitive salary
- Private medical healthcare
- Monthly wellbeing allowance to spend on what works for you
- Monthly, in person get togethers
- Opportunity to be invited into the Viker EMI share scheme
Interested? Is this you? firstname.lastname@example.org